New topics and presentations now available!
KHC’s new Humanities catalog showcases both traditional and innovative lectures and civic engagement opportunities available free to Kansas nonprofits, as funding allows. These Speakers Bureau topics are broad in spirit with more diverse themes, ideas, and approaches that look toward the future while we also respect and learn about the past.
Additional funding for the Speakers Bureau was provided by the Lewis H. Humphreys Charitable Trust, Bank of America, Trustee.
“Kansas Humanities Council programs are awesome and a real benefit to rural Kansans. You make our community more vibrant and connected. KHC enhances our quality of life here.”
–Virginia, Madison Public Library
How To Bring a KHC Speaker to Your Event
- Review the Humanities catalog and select a speaker and topic.
- Contact the speaker and confirm time, date, and location.
- Immediately apply for a Resource Center Support Grant to bring the speaker to your community. Find out how. (Please note: Completed applications, including the DUNS number, must be submitted six weeks before the event date to be considered for funding. KHC is not able to fund applications that do not meet this requirement.)
- Publicize your event. Download a press release, speaker bio, and KHC logo poster.
- Tell us how it went. After the event, download and fill out a Speakers Bureau Evaluation and Cost Share Form and email them to Leslie Von Holten.
Contact Leslie Von Holten, director of programs, at leslie(at)kansashumanities.org or (785) 357-0359, for more information.