New topics and presentations available in 2014!
KHC’s free Speakers Bureau features presentations and discussions about Kansas – our people, places, hopes, and dreams – that offer insight into what it means to be a Kansan over time and across generations (as funding allows).
Read KHC’s Blog for profiles of topics and speakers.
See photos of The Way We Worked Speakers Bureau events here.
“Kansas Humanities Council programs are awesome and a real benefit to rural Kansans. You make our community more vibrant and connected. KHC enhances our quality of life here.”
–Virginia, Madison Public Library
How To Bring a KHC Speaker to Your Event
- Review the Speakers Bureau catalog and select a speaker and topic.
- Contact the speaker and confirm time, date, and location.
- Immediately apply for a Resource Center Support Grant to bring the speaker to your community. Find out how. (Please note: Completed applications, including the DUNS number, must be submitted 4 weeks before the event date to be considered for funding. KHC is not able to fund applications that do not meet this requirement.)
- Publicize your event. Download a press release, speaker bio, and KHC logo poster.
- Tell us how it went. After the event, download and fill out a Speakers Bureau Evaluation and Cost Share Form and email them to Leslie Von Holten.
Contact Leslie Von Holten, director of programs, at leslie(at)kansashumanities.org or (785) 357-0359, for more information.