Create a FLIKS Discussion in Your Community
Equipment needed: Internet access to pull up KHC’s website and YouTube, laptop, data projector, and speakers.
- Watch the short films and select the film(s) you want to discuss.
- Choose the location, date, and time. FLIKS events are ideal for use in public libraries, art centers, museums, senior centers, community theaters, historic theaters, or classrooms.
- Choose a facilitator. At the beginning of the event, the facilitator introduces the FLIKS film. Afterward, the facilitator moderates questions and comments from participants. Suggestions for facilitators include local historians, high school history teachers, and museum directors.
- Publicize your event. Download a press release template, film descriptions, and KHC logo poster for display.
- Tell us how it went. After the event, download and fill out a FLIKS Evaluation form and email it to Leslie Von Holten: leslie(at)kansashumanities.org.
Contact Leslie Von Holten, director of programs, at leslie(at)kansashumanities.org or (785) 357-0359, for more information.