“I give to the Kansas Humanities Council because KHC programs ‘provide opportunities for lifelong learning’ and because, like KHC, I ‘believe in the power of ideas to open minds, spark imagination, and nurture community.’”
—Kathleen Holt, Cimarron
Your donation supports cultural programming for Kansans across the state. Gifts are accepted securely online [click the DONATE NOW tab at the bottom of this page] or Download the giving form and mail it to 112 SW 6th Ave, Suite 400, Topeka, KS 66603.
Did You Know?
- The Kansas Humanities Council (KHC) offers free programming to Kansans of all ages.
- KHC’s Humanities newsletter reaches all 105 Kansas counties.
- Annually, KHC programs enrich the lives of more than 250,000 Kansans, serving every Congressional district of the state.
- KHC grant funds support cultural events, exhibitions, reading and discussion groups, reader’s theater, civic engagement opportunities, and more in communities across Kansas.
- KHC program dollars are doubled in value when matched with local spending and in-kind support.
- KHC is the only organization partnering with the Smithsonian Institution to bring Museum on Main Street exhibitions to our state.
- Gifts to KHC are tax-deductible and include subscriptions to the Humanities and Hometown Humanities newsletters and invitations to special Friends-only events.
The Kansas Humanities Council receives funding from the National Endowment for the Humanities and some funding from the State of Kansas, but these funds only cover a portion of our programming expenses.
Employee Matching Gifts
Many companies match their employees’ contributions. This is a great way to double the impact of your gift. Contact your human resources or corporate sponsorship department to find out if your employer will match your donation. Contact KHC for our Federal Tax ID number.
Make a lasting tribute to someone special with a gift to KHC. Remember friends and family with an honorary gift to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, or special occasion. Memorial gifts may also be made in the name of a departed loved one.