Be Part of a National Celebration
Wish NEH a Happy Anniversary at 12:00 PM CDT
on Social Media
September 29th marks the 50th anniversary of the National Endowment for the Humanities. NEH was created by the signing of the National Foundation on the Arts and the Humanities Act on September 29, 1965.
On Tuesday, September 29, there will be a virtual flashmob to wish NEH “Happy 50th Anniversary” on Twitter. Don’t have a Twitter account? You can also share on Facebook and Instagram. Here’s how you can participate:
On September 29 at 12:00 PM CDT/1:00 PM EDT, the Kansas Humanities Council is encouraging everyone to:
- Print out this template that reads “I love the humanities because…”
- Fill in why you love the humanities (in dark marker).
- Take a photo holding the sign.
- Post the photo on your Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram page using the hashtag #NEHturns50 and tag @NEHgov.
Here are some sample photos for inspiration:
Don’t have access to a printer?
- Post on your Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram page wishing @NEHgov a happy 50th anniversary and use #NEHturns50.
- Use this draft tweet: Happy anniversary @NEHgov, I love the humanities #NEHturns50
Don’t have a social media account?
Send your image to info(at)kansashumanities.org by 11:00 AM CDT on September 29th and KHC will schedule your tweet for you.
Click here for full instructions from NEH, including a place to sign up for a reminder email.
Please feel free to share this with others in your community who may want to participate.
Thank you and Happy Anniversary NEH!